Pesta Sukan Institusi Pengajian Tinggi Islam Malaysia (IPTIM) 2011 was unveiled this prestigious once-in-two-year event, hosted by Centre for Foundation Studies, International Islamic University Malaysia (CFS IIUM), of which previously been taken place at Kolej Universiti Islam Melaka (KUIM). This remarkable international level event was attended by Islamic colleges and universities from all over the country and also one from our neighbouring Thailand. The one from Thailand is only as an invited contingent to merry up the event.
The higher institutions that together enjoined this sport festival are:
1. CENTRE FOR FOUNDATION STUDIES, IIUM (CFS IIUM)
2. KOLEJ UNIVERSITI ISLAM ANTARABANGSA SELANGOR (KUIS)
3. KOLEJ UNIVERSITI INSANIAH (KUIN)
4. KOLEJ UNIVERSITI ISLAM MELAKA (KUIM)
5. KOLEJ ISLAM DARUL RIDZUAN (KISDAR)
6. KOLEJ ISLAM ANTARABANGSA SULTAN ISMAIL PETRA (KIAS)
7. KOLEJ ISLAM ANTARABANGSA (IIC)
8. KOLEJ UNITI (UNITI)
9. UNIVERSITI ISLAM YALA, THAILAND (YIU)
The games are:
3. Sepak Takraw
5. Table Tennis
The event took it place on October 22nd with the registration of all contingents and the real wars of games begun on the 23rd until 28th October. The opening ceremony of Pesta Sukan IPTIM 2011 was held at CFS IIUM field and cordially attended by the Vice Secretary of Ministry of Higher Education, Rectors, the Dean, VIPs, delegations of contingents, volunteers and members of the floors. The opening was remarkable. :thumbs up:
There were three mahallat that accommodated the contingents, volunteers and the officials as the event was taking place, namely Mahallah Khadijah (sisters), Mahallah Umar al-Khattab (brothers) and Mahallah Fatimah Az-Zahra (officials). There were also three main venues that witnessed the zealous and sporty contingents healthily fight each other in the games they played, namely CFS IIUM sport centres, Padang Varsiti, Universiti Malaya and Sayyidina Hamzah Stadium (IIUM Sports Centres), IIUM Gombak.
The sponsors are Intraxious Groups of Companies, U Mobile, 100 Plus, Milo, IIUM Properties and many more.
Overall, CFS IIUM as the host, stayed in pride of victory for winning over the rest of other higher Islamic institutions. The closing ceremony was taken place at Al-Malik Faisal Hall, CFS IIUM. The sounds of cheerful voice echoed within the hall and truly can be heard from the Pesta Sukan IPTIM Operating Room, as CFS IIUM was announced as the overall CHAMPION for Pesta Sukan IPTIM 2011. Congratulations CFS IIUM!!
What can we review thoroughly from the event are,
1. All the contingents are undeniably work hard verily for their pride of winning the sport festival. Not to forget, the supporters and spectators are also played an enhancing role to merry the event.
2. In the name of Islamic institutions, the contingents are obeying the rules of ikhtilat and limitations of awrah though some are not. There were incidents regarding these matters that should be highlighted for lesson and also should be aware by the next Pesta Sukan IPTIM organizer.
3. The supporters should be more alert on the conditions of the players and the circumstances so that the incident of uttering bad words and non-benevolence attitude towards each other does not reflect to the holiness of Islam.
4. The cheers from supporters are truly traditions in any games organized. This sparks the mood of sport in each and everyone. Nothing paid for that but victory.
To all contingents and volunteers, we from MRC MAB, on behalf of CFS IIUM wishing you congratulations and greatest gratitude for joining the Pesta Sukan IPTIM 2011 with full of sporty spirit and we hope that the host for the next Pesta Sukan IPTIM (KUIS) will organize a better one than this, in line with the Islamic respects of Pesta Sukan IPTIM.
Check these out guys. These are tons of photos during the Pesta Sukan IPTIM 2011. Credit to photography unit. Do click the links!
Hand-Over Flag Ceremony
Athletics (23rd October)
Forum and Dialog Pesta Sukan IPTIM
24th October Part 1 & Part 2
26th October Part 1 & Part 2
Closing Ceremony Part 1 & Part 2
Bureaus of Volunteers